Most drug crimes are charged as felonies in Georgia, so finding an experienced GA drugs lawyer is a wise choice. A felony charge means that if you are convicted, you will be sentenced to prison, pay expensive fines, and will have a felony conviction on your record.
Because the consequences of a drug crime conviction are so serious, it is essential to work with an Atlanta criminal defense attorney drugs who has extensive experience in defending these cases. There are many ways to mount a Georgia drug case defense that will help you obtain the best possible outcome in your case.
A Good Criminal Defense Attorney Drugs Will Ask Lots of Questions
Your Georgia drug attorney should begin by learning all of the details of your case, including when the charges were filed in the first place. From there, he or she should ask the following questions:
- Can the prosecution prove that you possessed drugs of the type and amount you are charged with?
- Was all of the evidence gathered legally?
- What evidence can be suppressed and therefore not used to convict you?
- Did other people have access to the property where the drugs were found?
- If you were arrested for possession or drug manufacturing as a result of a sting or undercover operation, were you entrapped or coerced into committing a drug-related crime?
Your Georgia Drugs Case Is Unlike Any Other Client’s Case
Remember that no two cases are identical and that the circumstances of your case are unique. The first thing you should do after being charged with a GA drug crime is to contact an experienced and aggressive drug crimes defense attorney who knows how to ask the right questions and build a solid defense.
FREE Case Evaluations
Fill Out A Free Online Evaluation Today!
[button link=”https://criminaldefensematters.com/contact-kohn-yager/”]Request My FREE Case Review![/button]