Do I Need a Criminal Defense Lawyer?

Cory Yager, Bubba Head, Larry Kohn Super Lawyers

Why Hire a Defense Attorney to Handle a Georgia Drug Case?  Can’t I Just Take the Court-Appointed Attorney?

If you are arrested, you will be offered the services of a lawyer if you cannot afford one yourself. These court-appointed attorneys do their best, but their job is to clear the courts. If you are charged with a drug crime, you need an experienced attorney to focus on unique your situation, because every case is different.

Possession of Drugs in Georgia

Since marijuana use is legal in some states, you may think a drug charge is not a big deal in any state. Think again. Conservative states—including Georgia—still prosecute these crimes vigorously. A simple possession or intent to sell charge can mean the difference between a misdemeanor and a felony. Many factors affect the severity of the charges.

Penalties for Drug Possession in Georgia

An attorney ensures you get fair treatment. An attorney can ensure that you receive fair treatment and may be able to have the charges reduced or dismissed, depending on the details of your case.  Don’t take the chance that you will be incarcerated, lose your job, or have your car or home confiscated if used in the commission of a drug crime. You have more to lose than you think.

All drug convictions will result in a suspension of your drivers license. Could you manage without driving for six months, a year, or two years? Let an attorney negotiate on your behalf.

When Do I Need an Attorney?

Immediately. The sooner you can get an experienced attorney working on your case, the better your chances are for a favorable outcome. As soon as the arresting officers let you contact an attorney, call (404) 567-5515 for immediate assistance.

Get Experienced Help

Drug crime convictions can ruin your life. Let Kohn & Yager negotiate your case and be by your side to ensure your rights are upheld. Contact us today to schedule a free and confidential review of your case. To schedule your appointment, call or submit our online evaluation form.